This app calls for Device Admin permissions to work. If you question what it does with the permission, please study or audit the supply code, you can also build from the supply code on your very own.
Shelter is a Free and Open-Source (FOSS) app that leverages the “Work Profile” feature of Android to provide an isolated area that you may installation or clone apps into.
Shelter comes with simply no advertisement / facts / monitoring SDKs bundled with it. All source code is available in at https://git.Irritated.Im/PeterCxy/Shelter or reflect https://github.Com/PeterCxy/Shelter and the assets are licensed under WTFPL.
This app relies upon in your Android system’s implementation of Work Profile. Some supplier / custom ROMs may additionally have a damaged implementation which can reason crashes or even bricking of your device. One such instance is MIUI from Xiaomi. I currently offer no support for such ROMs because I for my part do now not very own any of those gadgets. If you’re going for walks Shelter on those ROMs, you are on your personal. If any developer available own those devices and will make Shelter run on these ROMs, please ship pull requests and I’ll be happy to merge them.
Features / Use Cases
– Run apps inside the isolated profile in order that they cannot access your data out of doors the profile
– “Freeze” (disable) background-heavy or seldom-used apps whilst you don’t want them. This is specifically genuine in case you use apps from
- Allows blocking contacts access across profile boundary
- More translations; you can now participate in translating Shelter at https://weblate.typeblog.net
- For the full changelog, please see https://cgit.typeblog.net/Shelter/tree/CHANGELOG.md